Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Lemon cake, fresh rosemary and dried cranberries.



Some days are worse than others! Despite being in November, it's cold, several rainy days in a row. I'm busy and exhausted all week. The work was curiously frustrating for no good reason other than my children do not stop bickering because they spend more time indoors because of the cold.
I feel tired and frustrated, a little treat will do me good. Then you know my addiction cake, I decided to prepare one, but different with a touch of I do not know what! I looked out the door and hop in my garden a little idea! Why not rosemary? I have a few branches; So I went out in the rain and get them.
Result a soft cake with a delicate taste and pleasant in the mouth with a lemony notes that add lemon and cranberries.
And here I am satisfied and happy to forget my worries for a while with a song and a cup of hot coffee.

Ingredients
  • 300 g flour.
  • 1 c. tablespoon baking powder.
  • ½ c. teaspoon salt.
  • 130 g of brown sugar.
  • Zest of one lemon, finely grated
  • 2 c. tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary.
  • 2 eggs.
  • 130g melted butter ..
  • 125 ml of milk.
  • 125 ml of yogurt.
  • 100 g dried cranberries.
Preparations
  • Preheat oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C), butter and flour the pan.
  • In a large bowl, mix the flour with yeast, salt, lemon zest, rosemary and cranberries.
  • In a medium bowl, using a whisk, beat eggs with brown sugar until well combined; add butter, milk, yogurt and mix until smooth.
  • Pour the egg mixture over the flour and stir just to combine, not over mix.
  • Pour into buttered pan and smooth top. Bake about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  • Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool completely before serving.


EmoticonEmoticon